Innovative, quirky, personal
We, and the projects we assist, are very grateful to have the sponsors and donors who support us. The range of supporters and how they raise funds is wide, and often quirky. From the substantial solid continued support of our large donors to Little Stig on his trek to Everest Base Camp, we continue to be happily surprised.
Some of the wonderful fund raising includes
- Horeca Meubilair Den Haag named one of their bar stool’s after Sallo in addition to donate a fixed amount for every sale on their website
- CityLife Garden Fair made us one of their 6 chosen beneficiaries with funding going to BNSCLC
- A Bike to Bangkok, a trek to Everest Base Camp, and a Rally to Mongolia were some of the personal fundraisers
- Staff from LEGO foundation gave us a donation of money they raised and bricks from their company
- Dutch version of Have I Got News For You TV show makes a fixed donation per episode
- shopkeepers in Moneglia, Italy have custom made donation boxes in their shops. The innovative design came from a supporter of ours.
- A Canadian supporter created and donated a quilt which was successfully auctioned on FaceBook
- Many have setup Birthday donations (where they request a donation for us rather than presents) and others given us the proceeds of the sale of personal paintings.
- Bob and Fran, the authors of"101 Ways To Be Young At Any Age” donated a percentage of the proceeds from sales to PCF, with the entirety of proceeds going to a number of organisations working to prevent the trafficking of children around the world.
And this does not include the fundraising parties thrown in support of us.
Broodjes Service , a catering company in the Netherlands, have pledged to donate the full profit from the sale of their sandwiches, catering and Christmas parcels, via their Foundation ‘Stichting Wees’’.