4 monthly deliveries of essential basic food that was urgently needed to support 10 families in 5 villages in Northern Thailand.
Following on from the initial support from Philanthropy Connections Foundation to provide emergency food support for the families of BPL students during COVID-19 pandemic, some families were still in dire need of help.
Our partner, Ban Pha Lai, identified ten families where the parents previously supported themselves with employment in the local elephant camp and factories but whose work has not resumed.
While the families have tried to grow some food at home, the drought has hit even this small supplement, and nothing grows. Therefore, there is zero income for these ten families.
Goals and Results
Each food package is expected to last a family one month and comprises
- 30 kgs of rice
- 20 cans of fish
- 30 eggs
- 4 bottles of cooking oil
- 30 packs of instant noodles
BPL distributed the food packages to these 5 villages
- Pha Lai Village: 2 families of 10 people
- Huay Go Village: 2 families of 10 people
- Pang Dang Nok Village: 2 families of 8 people
- Pang Dang Nok Village: 2 families of 7 people
- Huay Pong Village: 2 families of 15 people